The University of Alabama offers competitive scholarship opportunities for out-of-state and international transfer students. Complete the steps below to maximize your scholarship and aid opportunities.
STEP 1: APPLY FOR ADMISSIONS
As an out-of-state or international transfer applicant, you must submit the following to be considered for admission and scholarships:
- Application for admission
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended
- International students should review UA’s International Transfer Admissions page for complete admission requirements.
STEP 2: MAXIMIZE YOUR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
To maximize scholarship opportunities, students who wish to enroll in the summer and fall semester as a main campus student should submit an application and all supporting documents by the March 1 priority deadline. Students enrolling in the main campus during the summer or fall semester will continue to be considered for competitive scholarships until May 1. Funds will be limited, apply early to maximize your scholarship opportunities.
All summer and fall main campus students admitted before the March 1 priority deadline will be emailed instructions to complete the Transfer Supplemental Scholarship Application. The deadline to complete the Transfer Supplemental Scholarship Application is March 1.
Students who wish to enroll as a main campus student in the spring semester should submit an application and all supporting documents by October 1.
2024 Out-of-State Transfer Competitive Scholarships
|Scholarship||Value Per Semester||Number of Scholarship Semesters||Credit Hours Required|
|Competitive Transfer Scholarships||$3,000 up to tuition||4 to 6||15+|
- Spring 2024: October 1
- Summer/Fall 2024:
- Priority Deadline: March 1*
- Deadline: May 1
*Students are strongly encouraged to submit all application materials by the March 1 priority deadline to ensure consideration.
- Spring 2024: Admitted students that meet the October 1 deadline will receive notifications via their Crimson email by Mid-December
- Summer/Fall 2024:
- Priority Deadline: Admitted students that meet the priority deadline will receive notifications via their Crimson email by early April
- Deadline: Admitted students that meet the May 1 deadline will receive notifications via their Crimson email by Mid-May
Please visit the Scholarships FAQ page for additional details about UA’s competitive and scholarships.
STEP 3: COMPLETE YOUR FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA, OPTIONAL) – FOR OUT-OF-STATE STUDENTS ONLY
The Student Financial Aid staff is dedicated to making the federal aid process as straightforward as possible. Financial assistance available through this office includes federal aid – grants, loans, work study and information about student employment. Please visit The University of Alabama Student Financial Aid website for more information.