We’re investing in you, Alabama.
To continue our commitment to advancing the students of our state, The University of Alabama is offering the Alabama Advantage need-based scholarship to remove financial barriers that keep Alabama residents from carving their own path at UA.
How to make your way to UA:
- Be an Alabama resident
- First-time freshman students should submit your application and all supporting documents by November 1 for spring enrollment and by January 15 for summer or fall enrollment to ensure admission consideration and maximize your scholarship opportunities.
- First-time transfer students should submit your application and all supporting documents by October 1 for spring enrollment and by March 1 for summer or fall enrollment to ensure admission consideration and maximize your scholarship opportunities.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible. It opens in December and submitting your FAFSA as early as possible ensures priority consideration for all types of financial aid.
More information about Alabama Advantage
Alabama Advantage is the first of its kind to come from an Alabama college or university. After scholarships and grants have been applied, Alabama Advantage funds up to $5,000 needed to cover the remaining cost of UA’s in-state tuition.
Alabama Advantage does not cover other charges such as fees, room and board, books, etc. Alabama Advantage is renewable for four years, or eight semesters, so long as the student remains eligible.
To receive the Alabama Advantage scholarship, admitted students must:
- Be an in-state student
- Be eligible for the Pell Grant
- First-time freshmen submit all financial aid package requirements and receive a financial aid award by December 15 for spring enrollment and May 1 for summer or fall enrollment.
- First-time transfer students must submit all financial aid package requirements and receive a financial aid award by October 1 for spring enrollment and May 1 for summer or fall enrollment.
- Enroll full time with at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative UA GPA and pass at least 67% of attempted credit hours for the fall and spring semesters combined each academic year
You already have what it takes to be successful. The University of Alabama has the resources you need to turn your ambitious dreams into your greatest achievements. Come reach your highest potential.