Follow the steps below if you have received notification of your offer of federal financial assistance . If you have not received a notification, log into myBama and check the status of your application.
- Access your myBama account at myBama.ua.edu using your username and password.
- Select the Student page.
- Select Your Financial Aid Self-Service located in the Student Financial Aid box.
- Select an aid year from the drop-down menu.
- Review the Home tab and complete the Questions from the Financial Aid Office section.
- Review the Financial Assistance tab and accept or decline the offers in the Work and/or Loan Options section.
- Select Accept, Decline, or Modify next to the offer under the Take Action column. Repeat this process for each award and Submit.
- Read and acknowledge the Terms and Conditions if you would like to accept your Federal Aid offer and select Accept Award to finalize the process. You must complete this process for your Federal Direct Loans to disburse to your University of Alabama student account.
- New borrowers are required to complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling at studentaid.gov.